I’m very thankful for all of the guest speakers who took time from their busy schedules to spend a few hours talking with students in the Business Web Practices class at Clark College. Each of you made an impact on each and every student, which I know they really appreciated.
- Aaron Hockley: Photography & WordCamp Speaker
- Peter Ramsing: Software Developer and Project Leader Veelo
- Jane Croft: Quality Assurance Senior Analyst/Manager, Anthem
- Callie Carroll: User Experience (UX) Researcher
- Dave Barcos: Founder – The Bridge Incubator
- Christine Watson: Project Manager, Formations Design Group, LLC
- Fellene Gaylord: Creative in Chief at Sirius Media LLC and Adjunct Professor at Clark College
- Cheryl Bledsoe: Technology & Accreditation Manager at Clackamas County Communications
- Jason Wright: Chief Operations Officers, Webfor
- Dale Chumbley: Realtor and Social Media Pioneer, Real Living Real Estate
- Adriana Vela: MarketTecNexus, Founder
- Eliza Greenwood: Freelance Digital Marketer, ESODAS, LLC
- Sophie Banner: Mission Marketer // Communications Specialist // Creative Strategist, City of Vancouver
Learn more about the speakers and watch videos of their talks.
Also, a big shout out to Tim Cook, Adam Coleman, Chris Martin, Arlo Petersen, William Hafer, Fellene Gaylord, Helen Martin and Robert Hughes for their continued support and encouragement throughout my teaching journey.
Hat tip to Stan Rogers for sharing it.
Earlier today my Lynda.com video series “Up and Running with IBM Connections” reached 500 viewers in 57 countries. I continue to be humbled by the feedback subscribers and IBM Connections users are leaving.
Say what? You are not a Lynda.com subscriber? Get full access to each and every video series for 7 days absolutely free.
This short film profiles inspiring examples of women who got their start, and found their calling, in STEM — Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.
It features Sheeri K. Cabal, database admin at Mozilla and author of the popular OurSQL podcast; Jess Stratton, lynda.com author and the founder of Solace Learning; and Peggy Fisher, professor of computer science at Penn State and leader of several tech-focused after-school programs for disadvantaged youth.
Here Sheeri, Jess, and Peggy talk about the key factors to their success (confidence, community, and curiosity), and the ways they’re encouraging more students to enter STEM.
The video includes my friend Jess Stratton who you may know from the IBM/Lotus world and who is now a Lynda.com staff author. The video also includes photos of Gab Davis, Kathy Brown, and many others of the “Nerd Girls”. It’s a “must watch” video.
Watch it now >
You can now access the 38 video course “Up and Running with IBM Connections” on Lynda.com.
Not yet a Lynda.com subscriber? Try a 7 day free trial!
Not yet a Lynda.com subscriber? Try it out free for seven days.
I’m happy to announce that I have been hired by Lynda.com to author a video series entitled “Up and Running with IBM Connections”. I have been collaborating with IBM’s Luis Benitez on this effort and he has been great to work with. My producer at Lynda, Jonathan Sears is awesome as well. I have to say that the experience has been amazing. A huge hat tip also to my friend Jess Stratton for hooking me up with Lynda.com and for being an amazing coach and resource. Stay tuned.
Interested in a 7 day free trial of Lynda.com? Click on the image below to get started.