I’m extremely happy to report that my “Up and Running with IBM Connections” video course has now been viewed by 250 Lynda.com subscribers in 43 countries. All of this in one weeks time. Today I received my first “user feedback” and it was extremely positive and encouraging.
You can view the first 5 videos in the series for free. There are 38 videos in total.
- Accessing IBM Connections for the first time
- Configuring notifications and account settings
- Updating your profile
- Inviting a guest
If you are not yet a Lynda.com subscriber you can sign up for a free 7 day trial.
I’m in the process of developing several more courses for Lynda however, I’m not yet able to disclose what they will be. Many thanks to my friend Jess Stratton, Lynda.com staff author and my producer Jonathan Sears for all of their help, patience and guidance.
This short film profiles inspiring examples of women who got their start, and found their calling, in STEM — Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.
It features Sheeri K. Cabal, database admin at Mozilla and author of the popular OurSQL podcast; Jess Stratton, lynda.com author and the founder of Solace Learning; and Peggy Fisher, professor of computer science at Penn State and leader of several tech-focused after-school programs for disadvantaged youth.
Here Sheeri, Jess, and Peggy talk about the key factors to their success (confidence, community, and curiosity), and the ways they’re encouraging more students to enter STEM.
The video includes my friend Jess Stratton who you may know from the IBM/Lotus world and who is now a Lynda.com staff author. The video also includes photos of Gab Davis, Kathy Brown, and many others of the “Nerd Girls”. It’s a “must watch” video.
Not yet a Lynda.com subscriber? Try it out free for seven days.
Earlier this week I completed my seventh Microsoft Certified Technology Associate (MTA) exam. The test was the “HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals (Exam 98-375). This exam focussed on the following:
- Managing the Application Life Cycle
- Building the User Interface by Using HTML5: Text, Graphics, and Media
- Building the User Interface by Using HTML5: Organization, Input, and Validation
- Understanding CSS Essentials: Content Flow, Positioning, and Styling
- Understanding CSS Essentials: Layouts
- Managing Text Flow by Using CSS
- Managing the Graphical Interface by Using CSS
- Creating Animations, Working with Graphics, and Accessing Data
Here is a list of the MTA’s that I have completed the last few months:
- Microsoft Technology Associate: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals, July 17, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals, June 18, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Security Fundamentals, June 11, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Database Administration Fundamentals, June 09, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Web Development Fundamentals, June 09, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Operating System Fundamentals, June 04, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Software Development Fundamentals, February 25, 2014
Next up is the .NET Fundamentals exam.
- Introducing Microsoft Office for iPad
- Introducing Microsoft Word for iPad
- Introducing Microsoft Excel for iPad
- Introducing Microsoft PowerPoint for iPad
Take free online courses from the creators of MongoDB. MongoDB University offers courses for both developers and DBAs.
- Seven week courses give you flexibility to work through material when it suits your schedule.
- Frequent assessments and check-ins by TAs and instructors help you verify your understanding.
- A certificate of completion confirms your membership in our community of cutting-edge NoSQL technologists.
More than 100,000 people have enrolled in our courses to date.