The one thing I absolutely love about my job as an instructor is the ability to share my experiences working in corporate America, starting an open source community for IBM, producing a podcast with 177 episodes, owning a successful software startup and being involved with social media since 2001. I have seen and experienced it all. The good, bad and ugly. Sharing these experiences resonates with students and colleagues.
Thank you to all of you who have been part of my journey.
Classes I am teaching:
- CGT 205 – Web Design 1
- CTEC 121 – Intro to Programming and Problem Solving (Python)
- CTEC 122 (online) – HTML Fundamentals
- CTEC 165 – Business Web Practices
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 2:00 – 3:45 PM Office Hours in SHL 127
- 4:00 – 5:50 PM CTEC 165 in SHL 125 (Monday) / FHL 126 (Wednesday)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 1:00 – 3:50 PM CTEC 121 – Into to Programming and Problem-Solving in SHL 124
- 4:30 – 5:30 PM Office Hours in SHL 127
- 6:00 – 8:50 PM CGT 205 – Web Design 1 in AA4103
I’m very thankful for all of the guest speakers who took time from their busy schedules to spend a few hours talking with students in the Business Web Practices class at Clark College. Each of you made an impact on each and every student, which I know they really appreciated.
- Aaron Hockley: Photography & WordCamp Speaker
- Peter Ramsing: Software Developer and Project Leader Veelo
- Jane Croft: Quality Assurance Senior Analyst/Manager, Anthem
- Callie Carroll: User Experience (UX) Researcher
- Dave Barcos: Founder – The Bridge Incubator
- Christine Watson: Project Manager, Formations Design Group, LLC
- Fellene Gaylord: Creative in Chief at Sirius Media LLC and Adjunct Professor at Clark College
- Cheryl Bledsoe: Technology & Accreditation Manager at Clackamas County Communications
- Jason Wright: Chief Operations Officers, Webfor
- Dale Chumbley: Realtor and Social Media Pioneer, Real Living Real Estate
- Adriana Vela: MarketTecNexus, Founder
- Eliza Greenwood: Freelance Digital Marketer, ESODAS, LLC
- Sophie Banner: Mission Marketer // Communications Specialist // Creative Strategist, City of Vancouver
Also, a big shout out to Tim Cook, Adam Coleman, Chris Martin, Arlo Petersen, William Hafer, Fellene Gaylord, Helen Martin and Robert Hughes for their continued support and encouragement throughout my teaching journey.
I’m happy to announce that I will be one of the 8 speakers at this years VanTalks event being held on May 24th, 2017 at the Kiggins Theater located in Vancouver, Washington. The title of my talk is “How We Work: The Impact of Artificial Intelligence in the 21st Century”.
Tickets for the event are $15 and can be purchased online at http://vantalks.org.
I hope to see you there!
Here’s a bit more about me:
You’ll find this technology professor – an award-winning instructor at Clark College – working hard to inspire and challenge his students with meaningful web development and programming experiences. With a skinny vanilla latte (no foam) in hand, Bruce loves to tinker and test the boundaries of existing and emerging technologies, to then guide hungry minds through memorable, educational journeys to showcase with passion the ever-evolving innovations of society. An industry leader, Bruce is known for co-developing Elguji’s IdeaJam software, and is recognized by IBM as an ‘IBM Champion’ for being an innovative thought leader in cloud technologies.