I’m happy to announce that I will be one of the 8 speakers at this years VanTalks event being held on May 24th, 2017 at the Kiggins Theater located in Vancouver, Washington. The title of my talk is “How We Work: The Impact of Artificial Intelligence in the 21st Century”.
Tickets for the event are $15 and can be purchased online at http://vantalks.org.
I hope to see you there!
Here’s a bit more about me:
You’ll find this technology professor – an award-winning instructor at Clark College – working hard to inspire and challenge his students with meaningful web development and programming experiences. With a skinny vanilla latte (no foam) in hand, Bruce loves to tinker and test the boundaries of existing and emerging technologies, to then guide hungry minds through memorable, educational journeys to showcase with passion the ever-evolving innovations of society. An industry leader, Bruce is known for co-developing Elguji’s IdeaJam software, and is recognized by IBM as an ‘IBM Champion’ for being an innovative thought leader in cloud technologies.
Registration for Clark College summer and fall quarters is now open! I’m teaching HTML Fundamentals (CTEC 122) this summer, and in the fall, Intro to Programming and Problem Solving (CTEC 121), PHP/MySQL (CTEC 127) and Business Web Practices (CTEC 165). If you are interested in taking any of these classes, please let me know.
Please share this with your friends who might be interested in taking any of these classes.
Did I mention that I’m approaching 3.5 years of teaching at Clark? Man, how the time goes by…
Consolidated Metco, a company located in Vancouver, Washington is looking for an IT Security & Compliance Manager. Here are the job details:
Good luck and let me know if you apply for the job 😉
A few months ago I re-opened my professional consultancy and here’s what I have to offer companies and executives:
- Provide an honest assessment of your information technology operation
- Offer executives a “plain English” explanation of technology
- Personalized executive technology coaching and training
- Help you answer the question “IT tells me everything is perfect but is it really?”
- Offer you the cold hard facts about social media
- Provide opinions and constructive feedback for new software and hardware initiatives
- Help you learn more about the “cloud”, its benefits and how it can be implemented
- Assist you in determining if your company’s data is secure
- Provide you a motivated and expert speaker for company events and conferences
Here’s a partial list of the companies I have and continue to work with:
- US Department of Agriculture
- Washington State Department of Utilities and Transportation
- Social Security Administration
- Vulture Street Innovation
- Systems Advisory Services
- Environmental Protection Agency
- TNT Shipping Services
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Honda Research
- EPIC Aviation
Recent Clark College Web Development graduate Troy Uyan was part of a five person team that designed and developed the new Clark County website.
Troy’s role in the project was that of front end developer and co-designer of the site. Troy also produced all of the training videos and other resources.
I’m super proud of Troy and what he has accomplished.
You can check out the new Clark County site here.
Here is the full-length outtake of Sierra’s interview. Sierra is a student at the Washington State School for the Blind and is an absolutely amazing person.