Modern business ecosystems need to rethink their approach to innovation and integration. This eBook is your guide to applying the power of APIs to business challenges ranging from changing business models to embracing a world of devices and sensors.
Warren Elsmore wrote a book! It’s called Brick City and Warren describes it as “a celebration of the worlds’ architecture, recreated solely using the celebrated toy of the century, LEGO bricks.”
In our podcast with him, we discussed:
- Is this an instruction book or an idea book?
- Who is the target audience?
- What was the book writing process like?
- How and when can people buy this book?
- And many more LEGO-rich topics…
Brick City will be in bookstores in several different countries on May 6th, and it is already available for pre-order on Amazon – check Warren’s Brick City page for links. Warren’s website also has more information on his large scale models and his commission-based work.
Podcast trivia: Warren was briefly a Guinness World Record holder for “Largest LEGO Mosaic” from the 2012 LEGO Show, with a mosaic measuring at 143.9 square meters (1607 square feet).
Today we spoke with Ed Brill (http://edbrill.com), Director of Social Business and Collaboration Solutions at IBM, about his new book. It’s called Opting In: Lessons in Social Business from a Fortune 500 Product Manager, and it’s available both on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Opting-In-Lessons-Business-Fortune/dp/0133258939) and directly from IBM Press (http://www.ibmpressbooks.com/store/opting-in-lessons-in-social-business-from-a-fortune-9780133258936).
- Why did you write this book?
- Who is the audience?
- What is the message of the book?
- What has surprised you about the book?
- What’s going on at IBM Connect related to the book?
- And more…
- The new partnership between IBM and Trust Factory first announced on Ed’s blog
- Trust Factory’s DNA services offerings
- What the partnership means for IBM customers
- A special offer made by Ed
- Ed’s new book project
- What the book will and not be about and when it will be available
- Who else will be contributing to the book
- Notes Social Edition and what exactly it is
- Some of the new enhancements made in the Notes Social Edition
- When it will be available for customers
- How it can be deployed
- Integration with IBM Connections “Next”
- and much more