IBM Connections product managers Suzanne Livingston, Mac Guidera, Baan Slavens, and Luis Benitez fill us in on the new features of the Connections 4 (IC4) release, including:
- Embedded experiences and activity streams
- Improvements to the home page
- Easily sharing information from any context with the Sharebox
- What’s coming in the Connections mobile apps
- Reporting and metrics (over 100 new reporting capabilities)
- Bridging content from external websites and news sources
- And more…
Here are a few links to help get you up to speed on Connections 4:
What’s new in IBM Connections 4?
IBM Connections 4 Reviewer’s Guide
New Capabilities in Connections 4 (there’s also a YouTube video link on that page)
Listen now >
Steven Green, CEO of TemboSocial (@TemboSocial), tells us all about The Hive. It’s peer-to-peer social recognition software that integrates with IBM Connections to help share knowledge, stories, and corporate culture among employees. Topics we covered included:
- The importance of awards, achievements, and peer recognition
- How all this ties into corporate culture and values
- 400,000+ stories on The Hive site for TD Bank since 2009
- How does this integrate with IBM Connections?
- Is it difficult to get management and/or employees to use something like this?
- The way that stories become company assets
- Analytics and reporting
- The use of promotional banners to bring employees back the site
As we mentioned in the podcast, there is a video demo on YouTube and plenty more information on the TemboSocial website. For more information, Chris Miller also has a video interview with Steven Green you can check out.
This show runs 39:32.
Listen now >
In this episode of The Taking Notes Podcast (@takingnotespod) we talked about developing applications for IBM’s Connections social software platform. We were joined by three very special guests:
Topics covered during the show included:
- Overview of the options available to developers (APIs, Widgets, Java)
- How widgets and apps are deployed within Connections
- Integrating apps with the Connections Profile
- Surfacing apps and widgets within Communities
- How IBM Connections Next will utilize OpenSocial and ActivityStrea.ms
- How Kudos Badges was built and how it integrates and is managed within Connections
- Why developers should use XPages to extend Connections
- How you can work with iWidgets and XPages
- How to access the Connections REST API’s from XPages
- Where you can find and download sample XPages apps
- What other extensibility features might be important for XPages developers
- and much more…
http://ibm.co/StartSocial – Landing for all things ICS development related including Notes/Domino “Next” and Connections “Next”
Listen now >