- Use the Skype Echo / Sound Test Service to test out your audio prior to your schedule interview.
- Remove any visual distractions that may focus attention away from you in the background.
- Have good lighting in the room so that the people interviewing you can see you.
- Angle your webcam so it shows your face dead-on.
- Limit tapping, movement and other things that may cause audio distractions.
- Remove pets from the room.
- Remove pets from the room next to the room you are interviewing in.
- Try and not use Wifi. Use an Ethernet connection.
- Use a good quality headset with a microphone.
- Silence your smartphone and other devices.
- Turn off all the alerts on your smartphone, and other devices.
- Mute any digital assistants in your home.
- Check the batteries in your mouse/keyboard and make sure they aren’t running low.
- Close all of the other applications running on your computer.
- Turn off notifications or other pop-ups or anything else that may be disruptive.
- If you are interviewing from a bedroom, make sure that your bed is made and the room is neat.
- Have a test call with a friend prior to your interview to check items 1-10 above. If you have no friends, call me.
When an assignment has been available for 2 weeks and you ask for an extension on the day it is due isn’t cool.
Read through the assignment in its entirety. Read through it again and maybe a third time. If you only use the grading rubric to go by, you will possibly miss key elements of the assignment.