We spoke with Chris Reckling (Program Manager, Mobile UX at IBM) and Rob Ingram (Manager of Mobile Strategy, Social Business at IBM) to get the inside scoop on what’s new with IBM mobile apps.
Topics we cover included:
- Mobile app rebranding (it’s blue!)
- Principles for mobile interface design
- Mobile OneUI and consistency across apps
- Cool new stuff in Connections, Sametime, and Traveler mobile apps (see Chris Reckling’s blog for more details)
- Customizing the Connections mobile app
- The IBM Worklight acquisition and what Worklight does
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices
Even if you don’t have Connections or Sametime in-house, you can try those apps out against Lotus Greenhouse, and you can also download a version of IBM Worklight that’s free to try (look for a link to the Developer Edition on the Worklight home page). Also, don’t miss the upcoming IBM Connections mobile tech talk on August 15.
This show runs 41:01.