Last Thursday Julian Robichaux and I spoke with Alan Lepofsky, analyst at Constellation Research Group, about the current and future state of Activity Streams in the enterprise. Our discussion included:
- What’s the difference between streams of information like Facebook and Twitter, and what we’ll see in business in the coming months and years?
- Considerations about filters, and making sure important information gets seen
- How does analytics play into all this?
- Is there truly “one stream to rule them all”, or does certain information need to be siloed?
- What about my inbox?!?
- Where will mobile devices fit into this picture?
- Once this all gets going, what are some of the advantages (obvious or not) with having a stream-friendly enterprise?
For more on what Alan has to say on the subject, also check out his Making Activity Streams More Manageable blog post from last week, and find him on Twitter at @alanlepo.
This show runs 41:14.