On Episode 143 of Taking Notes we interview IBM’s Mike Riegel (@mikeriegel, LinkedIn, Blog), Vice President – ISVs, Startups, Developers, and Academic Programs. We talked about IBM’s SmartCamp program and what it’s all about.
- When people think about Big Blue, start up companies isn’t something that comes to mind. So when I heard about your SmartCamp program and some of the other things you are doing around the world for entrepreneurs I was a little surprised. Tell us what exactly is IBM doing with StartUps and Entrepreneurs?
- Why are entrepreneurs and start ups important to IBM?
- What is a SmartCamp?
- Is it working? How successful are previous participants?
- Are you looking for companies that are doing work in collaboration and social business?
- How does a startup company qualify for SmartCamps?
- What should our listeners do if they want to participate in 2012?
- I heard the World Finals is coming up. What do you expect to see from the companies taking part?
- and much more…
The show runs 25:25.