Today I completed my eleventh Microsoft Certified Technology Associate (MTA) exam. The test was the “Introduction to Programming Using Python (Exam 98-381). This exam focussed on the following:
- Perform Operations using Data Types and Operators
- Control Flow with Decisions and Loops
- Perform Input and Output Operations
- Document and Structure Code
- Perform Troubleshooting and Error Handling
- Perform Operations Using Modules and Tools
Here is a list of the MTA’s that I have completed:
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals (February 9, 2017)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Cloud Fundamentals (June 1, 2016)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals (January 15, 2015)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals, July 17, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals, June 18, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Security Fundamentals, June 11, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Database Administration Fundamentals, June 09, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Web Development Fundamentals, June 09, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Operating System Fundamentals, June 04, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Software Development Fundamentals, February 25, 2014
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Introduction to Programming Using Python, January 18, 2018
This morning I received an email from IBM letting me know that I was named an IBM Champion for Cloud. I’m honored to be part of this group of technology professionals. A huge thank you to those people who nominated me for this designation.
The Clark College News Amazon Alexa skill is now available in the Alexa skills catalog. This skill will read the latest five news stories from http://news.clark.edu site.
I’m very thankful for all of the guest speakers who took time from their busy schedules to spend a few hours talking with students in the Business Web Practices class at Clark College. Each of you made an impact on each and every student, which I know they really appreciated.
- Aaron Hockley: Photography & WordCamp Speaker
- Peter Ramsing: Software Developer and Project Leader Veelo
- Jane Croft: Quality Assurance Senior Analyst/Manager, Anthem
- Callie Carroll: User Experience (UX) Researcher
- Dave Barcos: Founder – The Bridge Incubator
- Christine Watson: Project Manager, Formations Design Group, LLC
- Fellene Gaylord: Creative in Chief at Sirius Media LLC and Adjunct Professor at Clark College
- Cheryl Bledsoe: Technology & Accreditation Manager at Clackamas County Communications
- Jason Wright: Chief Operations Officers, Webfor
- Dale Chumbley: Realtor and Social Media Pioneer, Real Living Real Estate
- Adriana Vela: MarketTecNexus, Founder
- Eliza Greenwood: Freelance Digital Marketer, ESODAS, LLC
- Sophie Banner: Mission Marketer // Communications Specialist // Creative Strategist, City of Vancouver
Learn more about the speakers and watch videos of their talks.
Also, a big shout out to Tim Cook, Adam Coleman, Chris Martin, Arlo Petersen, William Hafer, Fellene Gaylord, Helen Martin and Robert Hughes for their continued support and encouragement throughout my teaching journey.
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 2:00 – 3:50 PM CTEC 122 in SHL 125
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM Office Hours in SHL 127
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 10:30 AM – 12:50 AM CTEC 127 in SHL 125
- 2:00 – 3:30 PM Office Hours in SHL 127
Course No. Key
CTEC 121 – Intro to Programming & Problem Solving (Online)
CTEC 122 – HTML Fundamentals
CTEC 127 – PHP with SQL 1
Here’s a video of my talk at the Vantalks 2017 event held in Vancouver, Washington on May 24, 2017.
About Bruce Elgort
You’ll find this technology professor – an award-winning instructor at Clark College – working hard to inspire and challenge his students with meaningful web development and programming experiences. With a skinny vanilla latte (no foam) in hand, Bruce loves to tinker and test the boundaries of existing and emerging technologies, to then guide hungry minds through memorable, educational journeys to showcase with passion the ever-evolving innovations of society. An industry leader, Bruce is known for co-developing Elguji’s IdeaJam software, and is recognized by IBM as an ‘IBM Champion’ for being an innovative thought leader in cloud technologies.