Here is a list of some of the highlights from my Lotusphere 2012:
- Meeting for the first time in person people from my online “social circles” (you know who you are).
- Seeing lots of first time Lotusphere attendees.
- Broad based adoption of XPages.
- Co-presenting with IBM’s Charlie Hill and Phil Riande.
- Co-presenting with IBM’s Niklas Heidloff.
- The Great Geek Challenge (our team actually won a round).
- Having a full-house at the OpenNTF BoF.
- Meeting so many OpenNTF fans at the OpenNTF pedestal in the Product Showcase and throughout the show.
- Participating in GBS College Day.
- Winning a Kindle Fire from GBS.
- Knowing how to finally read the ICS “tea leaves”.
- Seeing IBM Connections move front and center of the ICS product portfolio.
- Participating in “Team Social” spearheaded by Joyce Davis and Colleen Burns.
- SpeedGeeking was a blast. I also used this as an opportunity to gauge both Taking Notes podcast listenership as well as OpenNTF awareness. I was very pleased that 75% of the participants listened to Taking Notes and 95% knew about OpenNTF (humbled).
- The Blogger Golf Open (I scored 44).
- Seeing and hearing about OpenNTF everywhere.
- Seeing Twitter being used in many sessions including the Ask the Product Managers and Ask the Developers sesssoins for people not in attendance to ask questions.
- Ed Brill and Brent Peters moderating the Ask the Product Managers and Ask the Developers session respectively.
- Seeing Elguji Software highlighted in the Opening General Session for their XPages app dev work as well as for being named a Finalist in the 2012 ICS Awards.
- Knowing that success in the ICS world is getting outside “the bubble” and the Planet Lotus “What’s Hot”.
- Participating in several ICS Executive briefings (mostly app dev related).
2 thoughts on “Highlights from Lotusphere 2012”
I have to add another highlight to your list:
– Learned how to pronounce Serdar Basegmez
Nobody except Gayle and Aliki, could do that! 🙂 Gayle is from Japan, Aliki is from Greece!!!
Comments are closed.