Per Henrik Lausten shared this picture on Twitter today which shows the roadmap for IBM Messaging which was shown during one of the keynote addresses:
Here are the three biggest things that resonated for me most about IBM Connect 2014. Keep in mind that I wasn’t there, but I was watching via the LiveStreams, tweets and other social venues:
- IBM Connections is now the flagship product for IBM Collaboration Solutions (or as it’s now known “Smarter Workforce”). All hail the new king.
- While IBM is still “committed” to Notes, Domino and XPages, I’m thinking that this really means that they will be supplying point releases which address fixes and minor improvements. This will keep existing customers happy.
- Announcing a reinvented email client was a good political and strategic move. The one thing that is truly required for this new client to really be embraced is having an IBM Connections deployment. Not only a vibrant deployment, but one that is really being used by employees.
What are your three takeaways from IBM Connect 2014?
It’s no secret that OpenNTF has helped shape the IBM Collaboration Solutions app dev ecosystem over the last thirteen years. At IBM Connect you have an opportunity and in some way an obligation to attend the OpenNTF Birds-of-a-Feather session at IBM Connect. It will be an hour of well spent discussion, strategy and relationship building.
If you are developing apps for anything IBM Collaboration Solution (Notes/Domino/Connections/Kenexa/Portal/etc.) please carve out an hour from your schedule on Tuesday morning for this session:
BOF405 – OpenNTF – Grow with the Challenge
Tuesday | 07:00 – 08:00 | Swan Mockingbird 1 & 2
Let’s talk about the future of OpenNTF and Open Source for IBM Connections, IBM Sametime and IBM XWork Server. We would like to have an open discussion with you, how we can engage more developers in OpenSource Software and how the OpenNTF Ecosystem can profit from Open Source software as well.
Listen at around 00:42 for the number 4 reason why you should be attending IBM Connect:
The Connect 2014 conference agenda is built with one objective in mind: offering value to each individual attendee. Our mission is to have you walk away having learned something you cannot learn anywhere else AND having learned something that you can put to use in your business setting immediately. Last year over 350 top-notch speakers—clients, partners, and industry experts—shared their business stories and technical expertise with thousands of attendees, resulting in the highest session ratings in the history of the conference. The bar’s set high, but we’re ramping up to do it again at the 2014 conference!
Sessions will focus on the following areas:
- Messaging and Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Exceptional Digital Experience/Exceptional Customer Experience
- Smarter Workforce
- Content Management
- Business Analytics
- Smarter Commerce
- Governance, Risk & Compliance