Last Thursday Julian Robichaux and I spoke with Alan Lepofsky, analyst at Constellation Research Group, about the current and future state of Activity Streams in the enterprise. Our discussion included:
- What’s the difference between streams of information like Facebook and Twitter, and what we’ll see in business in the coming months and years?
- Considerations about filters, and making sure important information gets seen
- How does analytics play into all this?
- Is there truly “one stream to rule them all”, or does certain information need to be siloed?
- What about my inbox?!?
- Where will mobile devices fit into this picture?
- Once this all gets going, what are some of the advantages (obvious or not) with having a stream-friendly enterprise?
This show runs 41:14.